Last week I spent a few days in Pennsylvania where I attended Relevant, a Christian bloggers' conference, and it was heart-changing.
The conference itself had a little bit to do with the how-to's of blogging and a whole lot to do with God-following.
The Lord spoke to my heart over the course of the three days I was there and caused me to do a lot of thinking about my family, my marriage, my mothering, and my blog.
I am filled up and overflowing with everything I brought home to ponder, but I only have a moment to quickly share a few nuggets with you:
- I have my whole life to blog, to have a ministry, but I only have right now to love my children. ~Sally Clarkson from I Take Joy.
- I can't give away what I don't have in my heart. ~Sally Clarkson (on spending time with God each day before ministering to your family)
- You can't write with integrity if you don't live a life of integrity. Am I being faithful to my home and family? Are my words gentle? Am I building a foundation of love with my husband and children? ~Sally Clarkson
- There is no substitute for time spent with my children. Nurture that relationship with them. ~Sally Clarkson
- Seek great things for thyself. Seek them not. Jeremiah 45:5 ~Courtney Joseph from Women Living Well
- Ask each member of my family what will make them feel like I am there for them. Make those things a priority. ~Kristen Welch from We Are That Family
- Humble myself and ask God what His purpose is for my blog. ~Kristen Welch
- Budget how you need to spend your time - even your computer time - and write it down. ~Crystal Paine from Money Saving Mom
- Unsubscribe from unnecessary email lists. ~Crystal Paine
- My goal is to never see 11:00 pm on my clock. ~ Courtney Joseph