What a fun theme Jocelyn came up with for this week - I love making lists!
The time will be changing again. I think on Sunday but not sure. Anyhow this is our 10th Homeschool Memoirs so this week it’s going to be about 10 timely facts about you! Write 10 interesting, crazy, weird, fun facts about you! Include facts about you as a woman, a wife, a mommy, a homeschooler, a homekeeper, a taxi-driver, a cook, etc . I only put 10 facts because I didn’t want to overwhelm you, but you’re welcome to do more! I just posted 101 Facts about myself on my blog, which you can take a look at if you should like.
I think I'll continue to add to these just for fun, but for now, here are my ten timely facts:
1. I am from the South, and I don't like grits, but I gotta have my sweet tea!
2. I am an only child.
3. When I was sixteen, my mother and I walked into our house to find two burglars. (God protected us - we ran one way and the burglars ran another!)
4. One of my dreams is for our family to be missionaries in a foreign country, working specifically with orphans.
5. The other is to live on a small hobby farm with a pot-bellied pig, a cow, horses, goats, emus (yes, emus!), fruit trees, a vegetable garden, a flower garden, and a beehive.
6. I started playing the piano thirty years ago, and it's still one of my favorite things to do.
7. I started trying to play the guitar one year ago, and I'm terrible at it!
8. I have such a horrible phobia of a certain creature that I can't even bring myself to type its name. (Hint: It's not spiders, rats, or snakes, and it is an insect.)
9. I've flown and landed a single engine airplane. It was thrilling, but I think I'll stick with being a passenger. :)
10. I just joined Facebook and found Amy, my very best friend from grammar school in Georgia. We lost touch twenty-five years ago. She now lives thirty miles from me - in Ohio!
To see other "Timely Facts", click on the button at the top of this post.