I have the privilege of putting together the newsletter for my church's MOPS group. I thought I'd share this little tidbit that I included this month. I don't really have a source that I can credit. This month's theme was ideas for summer fun with your children. I remembered reading something similar to this list somewhere a long time ago, but couldn't find it. So I listed a few things I could remember and then added some of my own. At any rate, the point is I want to enjoy some of the simple things in life with my children before they grow up. Sometimes I get so busy trying to be a terrific homeschool Mom by fitting in all the wonderful learning ideas that I find, that I forget to stop and just "smell the roses" with my children. Hopefully this little list will serve as a simple reminder to me to do just that.
Ten Things to do with Your Kids Before Age 10:
1. Catch fireflies in a jar.
2. Fly a kite.
3. Go berry picking.
5. Plant a small flower garden together.
6. Campout in your backyard – make smores and do some stargazing.
7. Help them set up a lemonade stand.
8. Go on a picnic.
9. Lay in the grass and look for pictures in the clouds.
10. Play in the rain – stomp in the mudpuddles and make mudpies while you’re at it!